It’s Monday. How’s that for a blinding glimpse of the obvious? Busy weekend here at Chez Elle. Every night was a late night for the boy thus resulting a cranky child today. I would pawn him off on someone today if I didn’t have to take him to get an audiology appointment this afternoon. And why the hell do I have a to take a child that heard me open a box of Cheerios from his bedroom with the door closed to audiology? Because the IA doc told me to. I’m already tired of writing this post so you get the rest bullet style.
- Friday night we had dinner with the in-laws at a nicer restaurant in Tacoma. I am evidently a dumb mother and thought the one super nasty poop my child had earlier in the day was enough. I elected to take my cute new handbag instead of my not so cute diaper bag. I brought a few cars to entertain the child, but no diapers. I grossly underestimated the power of amoxicillin. The trusty husband had to make a run to the closest store to purchase diapers and wipes. Smooooth.
- Saturday we did some yard work. The boy was sitting in the pile of old and busted “compost” that Dane the Dumbass previous homeowner left for us. He was getting sufficiently dirty. After a while we were getting ready to go inside and I noticed the boy’s butt was wet. The trusty husband told me it was because he was sitting in the compost pile. Unfortunately he was wrong. Amoxicillin strikes again!
- Saturday night we were invited to the Rainier Club in Seattle for their Torchlight Parade party. Awesome party. We watched the famous Seafair Torchlight parade right on the street with drinks in hand. Across the street is an old run down apartment building. In the middle of the parade our friend Julie was grabbing our legs (she was sitting on the ground) and stammering. She got the words out that there was a man standing at his window putting on his own special parade show. Old man. No clothes. That sooooo beats Melissa’s stories about SpeedoMan and the flashing tennis player. Sadly, our friend, Andy, didn’t get a photo. He couldn’t bring himself to take a photo of an old naked man.? Did I mention that there were also 2 instances of poop at the hoity social club?? No.? And hoity social clubs so don’t have changing tables.
- Sunday Derek volunteered to help our friends Matt and Heather rip out their linoleum to get ready for their fancy new hardwood floors. While the boys did manly floor ripping things Heather and I took the kids to the Farmers Market. I had to subject all 4 of the others to a quilt shop so I could buy fabric. They were all good sports.
- After we got back to Matt & Heather’s house we let the kids play upstairs while Heather and I helped the guys finish pulling up staples out of the sub-floor. Heather went to check on the kids and the boy said his longest sentence yet to her. “No, I want mommy to change my diaper.” Amoxicillin strikes yet again! Of course, I am that ever so bright mom and didn’t have an extra change of clothes. It’s a good thing EEE! is the same size as the boy. Otherwise Oleg would be wearing a pair of La-la’s petal pushers.
And that’s the news.