Out of curiosity I want to test your food knowledge or feeling. You just read that and went, “aw crap, there she goes talking about food again.” But just indulge me for a moment.
There is this newish “disorder” that I feel deserves some attention. It’s called Orthorexia nervosa. Or “An unhealthy obsession with healthy eating.” One could say that is what is going around our house, but we don’t see it as that. Ours isn’t unhealthy rather we are trying to find ways to eat real food as opposed to food like substances. We aren’t consumed with specific nutrients, reducing fat intake or counting calories. We are just trying to rid our house of the ingredients on packaging that is not found in nature.
So in a highly unscientific poll I want to see how you rate. (If you have read the book “In Defense of Food” you are not allowed to participate as you will know the answer or other responses to these questions.) So give me a few minutes of your time and answer the following 3 questions. I’ll elaborate on them a little more tomorrow.
1. It is better for you to eat:
a) a diet fully devoid of fats
b) a diet containing just a “pinch” of fat
2. If you were stranded on a desert island with nothing but water and unlimited quantities of one other food, which would be best for your survival?
c) hot dogs
d) milk chocolate
3) When you see the following picture what is the first word that comes to mind?
one = B
two = milk chocolate
three = mmmmmmmmmm
2. E, even though I really don’t like them so much…then again, I’d probably rather have D
2. E but I would be happier with D
3. Yum! Where is the milk?
2. A or E
2. My first thought is E, but I don’t know much about the nutritional qualities of B
3. MMmmmmmmmmm…. I haven’t had lunch yet!
3. Yuck (I hate cake!)
I’m SO happy to know I’m not alone.
2. E – Niacin anyone?
3. Heart Attack.
only three questions? Boo! More.
1 – B
2 – E
3 – Yummmmmm while wiping the slobber off my mouth
Yeah, a game
2. D (just have a feeling – especially since I don’t care for chocolate)
1) I’d actually say neither choice … But if I had to pick it would be B
3) Chocolate (the duh answer of the bunch I’m sure)
1 – B
2 – E (but if I was a cow I’d say B)
3 – Yum, dibs for the strawberry.
i know it’s little bit fat but i go with C:lots of butter
i think its bananers 🙂
nice lighting, is it real? it is? i’ll take two pieces and one for the road 🙂
2. A or B not really sure
Ok… so I’m a little late, but I haven’t read the latest post… yet.
My answers: a little bit of fat, corn, and “I’ll eat that if that’s whipped cream in the middle.”
1. neither But B if I have to pick one!