I think I’ve officially become the mother to a boy. ?Yes, I did check prior to leaving Russia and I am aware that the boy has been a part of our family for almost 4 years now, but up until now he’s been… well… a little prissy. ?He didn’t like to get dirty. ?The thought of touching dirt was as if the world was going to swallow him whole. ?I attribute this all to the crazy being in our life that is causing more gray hair than my husband’s addiction to buying random cords for random electronics. ?The boy loves his dog.
Indications that my son is turning into a real boy:
1) I must wash the scum off of his feet on a nightly basis.
2) The best game ever… throw shovel fulls of dirt into the air and pretend it’s rain.
3) A conversation with the trusty husband started with, “how much does a broken arm cost?” ?(the boy has begun climbing trees)
4) Every morning I must tell the child to put on clean underpants
5) The boy comes to me one afternoon after going to the bathroom. ?He says, “Mom, I have the funniest story to tell you. ?I was going to the bathroom and I had on two pair of underpants. ?So I took off the football underpants (the clean ones) and am just wearing the gray ones (the dirty ones his father told him to change).
6) Now every morning I tell him, “please put on clean underpants and remove the dirty ones first.”