Longest day of my life

Thank the Lord I slept last night. ?I was up when the boy crawled in bed with me at 6:45 this morning and I was up and at em. ?I fumbled my way through the morning on far too little coffee and then it was time to head out the door to take the boy to school. ?I dropped him off and ran up the stairs to the church office to check in with my boss (who happens to be the pastor).

At 10 to 10 I was out of that door on to my first day at the nursery. ?I wavered between totally nervous and really excited. ?Remember, I haven’t worked in a retail nursery in 7 years. ?The guys I am working for are brothers, young and really laid back. ?Working in a nursery is much like riding a bike. ?You never forget how. ?Plants are plants and not a whole lot changes about them. ?The difference is that this particular nursery is mostly organic. ?I do garden organically, but it is mostly by benign neglect. ?I rarely spray or fertilize. ?I mostly throw plants in and hope for the best. ?It is a little bit of a learning curve, but I’ll do fine.

All in all I had a fantastic day and had a lot of fun. ?I felt like I was in my element. ?I will say that standing for that long was not fun. ?I’m not the kind of person to take a break and sit down so by the end of my shift my back was hurting.

After I was done at the nursery at 2:30 I headed back to the church to do my work there. ?I worked from 2:45-5:00 and then the trusty husband and boy showed up. ?We had dinner at church and then straight into a small group at 6:00. ?I finally got home at 8:00. ?However, I got to bring home a shiny new laptop with me.

I’m slightly disappointed in the size of the laptop, but it is temporary and I’ll survive. ?I don’t have to worry about it catching my house on fire. ?It connects to the internet and doesn’t make me want to pull my hair out every time I turn it on. ?I’ll also get CS5 here is a few days and then all will be right with the world small laptop or no.

Coming up on 9:00 tonight and I could fall asleep in my drink.

3 Comment

  1. mom says: Reply

    That sounds like a long day (sigh) I think when you don’t have such a full plate, (sigh) it will be great fun. Glad your first day was a thumbers up 🙂

  2. Lee says: Reply

    Glad to hear the first day is out of the way AND it went great (tho I knew it would)!

  3. Glad to hear you made it through day 1!

Leave a Reply