Let’s compare

First, I want to give kudos to my husband who showed his true domestic god skillz this weekend. He successfully made tomato sauce (how hard is it really?). He elected to not can it, but rather freeze it. Although our health care deductible is paid up for every member of our household (everyone gets physicals this year!) a round of botulism is not something that we have time to deal with. In addition to the tomato sauce he also made a lovely batch of applesauce. He did have assistance from his sister and the child, but he sliced them apples good. Oh good job babe!

Now onto the comparing. Last Monday vs. This Monday.

Last Monday I took a shower and shaved my legs. I did not apply makeup nor did I do more than comb my wet hair. I laid on the couch while Rai and I watched a movie. After she left I took a nap. I attempted to make my own breakfast, but really that was me getting out the pan then sitting down. I was taking narcotic pain killers, not pooping properly and consuming vast quantities of milk of magnesia. Phillips should totally ask me to be their spokeswoman. I prefer the capsules to the “Fresh Strawberry” liquid concentrate. Fresh strawberry my ass…oops, bad joke.

Due to the painkillers I couldn’t tell you what I ate for dinner that night, but whatever it was there wasn’t much of it. I got out to the greenhouse that afternoon to do a little watering. It was the first time I’d been outside since going from the hospital to the car and then into the house. I went to bed that night around 8:30 and slept fitfully and had nightmares.

Today I laid on my stomach a few times in bed. It doesn’t last long because that much stretching out hurts. I made my own breakfast (an egg & avocado sandwich). I did some work on the Urban Coop Tour and read the February issue of Sunset magazine. I took a shower. I flattened my hair AND put on makeup. I took a rest to find a recipe for lemon bars (successfully). I commenced making aforementioned lemon bars.

I am no longer taking the narcotic pain killers (and haven’t been since last Wednesday). My intestinal tract is nearly back to normal. My back is killing me from our couch, but there isn’t much I can do about that.

I get frustrated every day over what I still can’t do. I’m incredibly bored despite having numerous things to keep me occupied. However, if I look at where I was a week ago I am doing remarkably well. I’m still not comfortable being left alone all day long especially since the boy is on mid-Winter break. I’m afraid I won’t have the stamina to care for him. So Derek is staying home at least for today.

I go to see the doctor for my post-op appointment Wednesday morning. He’ll say I’m doing good, but still won’t be able to lift things for another 4 weeks. I am actually quite amazed at how fast the time is going.

1 Comment

  1. mom says: Reply

    I’m astounded as to how fast you are healing. Amazing! 🙂

Leave a Reply