I have a very short attention span. Everyone who knows me will attest to this fact. So lets do a little sociological experiment on Elle today.
First: Elle suffers from ECD. (for the symptoms of EDC click here) It is currently 9:24 a.m. and I have checked my email 2 times.
Second: the following is a list of stuff I really should accomplish today.
2. Grocery Shop (D has no food)
3. Take garbage bag out of my office and place it in the garbage can.
4. do the breakfast dishes
5. fold the sheets that have been on the sofa for 3 days
6. make the bed
7. pick up the mess I made in A’s room
8. balance the checkbook
9. cook dinner
Third: the following is a list of things I would really like to do today.
1. work on the multitudes of aprons I already started
2. work on the quilt I started for a girlfriend
3. finish the quilt I started for myself
4. start the scarf I said I would knit for D
5. start work on the costumes and props I said I would do for our church production of Godspell
So… as you can see I have many options on how I can spend my day. At the end of the day I will post to tell you exactly what I did (or did not) get accomplished and exactly how my affliction with ECD really is.
You then can attest to the fact that I must have ADD and assist me in finding a support group, or at least some medication. Either that or this is going to work great for me and I will pull a "see I really can get stuff done."
BTW, besides checking my email, I have read 8 blogs, read 2 yahoo groups, FRUA, and adoption.com. I have searched for handbags on ebay and written this blog entry. I want NO comments on the fact that I need to get a life. There are certain things in my life that I deserve to do at this point!
Wish me luck!