I certainly have a list of things to not be thankful for this year. Big fat CANCER being one of them. Cancer sucks and there are no two ways about it. However, cancer has done one big giant thing for me. It has made me stop and re-evaluate life. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again, I look at each day as the here and now and I am thankful for the one small thing that is good each and every day. There are 365 days in a year (sometimes 366) so that is a lot of things to be thankful for. Here are a few.
1) We will be sending at least 72 separate orders of candy to people all over the United States. This doesn’t take into account the lives that will be touched by the gifts of candy you give to others.
2) We reached our $4680 sales goal and blew past it.
3) We currently have over $6100 in sales. There are still 2 more days to order.
4) I get to spend my Thanksgiving with my whole family. Lee, Wayne and Bethany were able to come for Thanksgiving.
5) I get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my Mother-in-law (and the rest of the family too).
6) Today is her birthday.
7) Her treatment has not made her sick or tired yet. The only thing she’s sick and tired of is having no hair and being cooped up in her house.
8) I have a job with the most wonderful bosses in the world.
9) I have a husband who is so loving and supportive of all the crazy stuff I do.
10) I have a son who makes every day worth it.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Thank you for your support of Sweet Hope. There are a whole bunch of children on the other side of the world that thank you too.
I did not intend for that sunglasses smily to show up on #8 but it seems so fitting now.