2 1/2 years.
What happened? Last thing I knew I was appealing for funds for Sweet Hope and the next I’m here. Where is here? And who the hell is that orange cheeto sitting in the White House? What happened to the cool guy?
I’d like to think that I’ve been asleep or had my head buried in the sand. Let’s be honest… I’ve been avoiding you. It’s not you.
I guess I ran out of things to talk about.
Well that sure as shit is about to change. Boy-oh do I have stuff to talk about.
First let’s get reaquainted. Here’s the 30 second sum-up… bullet style.
- The boy is now 12 years old. (I’ll let you catch your breath after that one)
- I think the trusty husband still works for the same company. I can’t remember when he switched jobs.
- I changed jobs in the Fall of 2015. I’m now doing my dream job of teaching high school horticulture.
- Yes I said high school.
- I spent a whole year commuting from University Place to Bellevue, WA. On a map that doesn’t look that far. But let me tell you, that is an hour and a half up and at least 2 hours home. I hate my car.
- On the last day of school I called home from the car in tears saying I couldn’t do it anymore.
- We moved north 2 months later.
- I love my new house.
- I love my job.
- and that’s the end of 2 years of my life…
So why now?
Why decide to start writing again after such a long absence? Well, my life hasn’t been all that boring. Especially in the past month. You see… I found this thing. Then I went to the doctor. Then he told me I should have some scanny stuff. Then they did the scanny stuff and said I should have some more testy stuff, with needles. Then they told me I had breast cancer……………
**insert sound of scratching record here**
Yeah, I just put that out there. I have Breast Cancer. Big ol’ fat Breast Cancer.
I was diagnosed on February 15 and don’t have a staging quite yet. I’ll go visit Seattle Cancer Care Alliance on March 7 to (hopefully) get a treatment plan. In the mean time I’m keeping myself busy, spending time with family and I took a vacation.
Be jealous. It was amazeballs.
So there you have it. I fired up the writing machine as a means to keep everyone informed of what is going on with treatments and the like. It took me the better part of a week to call everyone and recount the details. I can’t do that after every appointment. It is my intention to put it all out here. If you want to know check back. If you want to send a word of encouragement… I could certainly use that.
Put your seatbelt on because it’s never a boring ride on the Life of Elle Rollercoaster.